Under European and national legislation, specific recycling targets have been set, and failure to do so would result in new fines for the European Commission towards Greece. Considering that recycling in our country is in unsatisfactory levels, it is clear that immediate action is needed to promote recycling in our country. Therefore, in order to achieve the quantitative targets for recycling, the European Union proposes the immediate implementation of 'economic tools' to strengthen the incentive for citizens to participate in the recycling process.
Taking advantage of existing good practices at European level, Rewarding Recycling has made significant increase in the incentive offered to citizens for each metal, plastic and glass package “in the recycling houses”, since now they can earn 3 € cents per every 1 returning package. As a result, in the “recycling houses” our “packages have value” and we earn 1 € with the return of 33 packages.
REWARDING RECYCLING underpins its alternative management method on the Rewarding Recycling Centers where high technology equipment enables automatic collection, processing and storage operations for packaging.
It should be stressed that in every Rewarding Recycling Center all the requisite collection, sorting, processing and storage operations for packaging materials are carried out automatically. Capitalizing on the technical capabilities of the equipment, the following operations are carried out automatically:
- Delivery of empty packages, in a special reception funnel and with high delivery speed (up to 40 packages per minute).
- Identification and separation of packages per material, where packages are identified and separated with the use of specific sensors.
- Package identification, using barcode scanner.
- Packaging compression or cutting, with the appropriate mechanical means, achieving up to 90% volume decrease.
- Collection of recovered packages in a specially integrated closed storage area.
- Storage, printing and dispatching of all statistical data and data (such as number and kind of packaging per material, amount of reward incentive offered per material, donation amount for a social cause per material, number of consumers who proceeded to recycling, number of consumers who opted for the reward incentive etc) utilizing the integrated PC, printer and modem.
- Automatic printing and delivery to the recycler of the award amount receipts, utilizing the integrated PC and printer.
- Automatic printing and delivery to vouchers’ recycler with various offers, such as competitions vouchers, promotions vouchers, free products vouchers etc, utilizing the integrated PC and printer.
- Automatic donation of the value of the corresponding pecuniary amount for a certain social cause, through the application of the Social Capital Concentration System (based on specific software and accessories placed on the equipment).
- Consumer guidance and information on the equipment operation procedure for packages recovery, with the help of interactive messages appearing on every machine's special screen.
- On line interconnection of automatic machinery for packages rewarding recycling with a central server using wireless communications network.
MUNICIPALITY OF AGIA PARASKEVI
MUCIPALITY OF AGIOI ANARGYROI-KAMATERO
MUNICIPALITY OF ATHENS
MUNICIPALITY OF AIGALEO
MUNICIPALITY OF DAFNI-YMITTOS
MUNICIPALITY OF ZOGRAFOU
MUNICIPALITY OF ILION
MUNICIPALITY OF KALLITHEA
MUNICIPALITY OF KIFISSIA
MUNICIPALITY OF MEGARA
MUNICIPALITY OF MOSCHATO-TAVROS
MUNICIPALITY OF NEA SMYRNI
MUNICIPALITY OF NIKAIA – AGIOS IOANNIS RENTI
MUNICIPALITY OF PALLINI
MUNICIPALITY OF PEIRAEUS
MUNICIPALITY OF PENTELI
MUNICIPALITY OF RAFINA-PIKERMI
MUNICIPALITY OF FILADELFIA - CHALKIDONA
MUNICIPALITY OF FYLI
REST OF GREECE
MUNICIPALITY OF AMPELOKIPOI-MENEMENI
MUNICIPALITY OF IOANNINA
MUNICIPALITY OF KALAMARIA
MUNICIPALITY OF KARDITSA
MUNICIPALITY OF KORDELIO-EVOSMO
MUNICIPALITY OF LAGKADA
MUNICIPALITY OF NAFPLIO
MUNICIPALITY OF PAVLOS MELAS
MUNICIPALITY OF THERMI
MUNICIPALITY OF RHODES
MUNICIPALITY OF HYDRA