Thursday 13 June 2019 Recycling and Environmental Education Park of Agioi Anargyroi
In order to attract new investment and create new jobs through sustainable development, Greece’s political parties must make the circular economy a key priority. With this in mind, the National Collective System REWARDING RECYCLING has held a workshop entitled 2020 POLICY PROPOSALS FOR GREECE: THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY. Hosted at the 1st pan-European Recycling and Environmental Education Park of Agioi Anargyroi, the event was an outstanding success.
The workshop was honoured by the presence of prominent figures who have made a mark on environmental protection, recycling and the circular economy in general, both at national and European level.
The political parties were represented by
- Giannis Tsironis, MP for Athens B constituency (Syriza/Ecologist Greens), former Alternate Minister for the Environment
- Konstantinos Aravossis, Special Advisor to the President of New Democracy on Environmental Issues; NTUA Professor
- Nikos Papandreou, Representative of the President of Movement for Change.
The following experts participated in the workshop and submitted policy proposals:
- Georges Kremlis, European Commission Honorary Director and the Directorate-General for the Environment’s Active Senior responsible for circular economy in the islands
- Adamantios Skordilis, former Director General of the Hellenic Recycling Agency
- Maria Loizidou, NTUA Professor
- Stefanos Komninos, former Secretary General of Trade; partner in Exceed Consulting
- Giorgos Kaloudis, General Director of Alliance for Greece.
Social cooperative enterprises were also represented by speakers who stressed the importance of their work with REWARDING RECYCLING and the broader economic and social benefits served through this partnership.
See the video in this link